Monday, November 1, 2010

God in 2010

Forgot this one...forgot God? Like many other people in todays world, I let God fall to the bottom of my list of priorities as my level of responsibilty mounted. I am just recently recongizing how important it is to my quest for peace within myself, to stop denying God's place in my life. Through reading "The Spirituality of Liberation," I saw how all of this darkness and negativity had manifested itself in my life because of my disconnection with God. God is truth and reality. I began to realize that I had gotten so far off in to my own way of being, a web of lies, that I had begun to basically create my own reality around me. My truth became my lies. Those lies eventually envolped me in their darkness and consumed me. I became an angry person. I couldn't even understand why it was that I became that way...I couldn't understand myself and I didnt know where to begin. When things started to occur in my life that I could only explain through the power of God, whether they be good or bad, I could no longer deny Him. I felt the weight of all that anger and those lies lifted from me. God is my peace. Whenever I am feeling troubled or lost and weak, I call upomn Him as my source of strength. All that being said, I am non-denominational. Its like my mans Com(mon) said "I lecture how I got God but dont got religion."

No comments:

Post a Comment